Highlighted

After Effect crashes when trying to remove the roughen edges effect

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the roughen edges effect applied to a shape layer. Whenever I try to delete the effect, the program becomes unresponsive and I have to force quit. The same thing happens if I try to delete the entire comp that has the shape layer with roughen edges. 

After Effects: v16.1.3

macOS: Catalina v10.15.4

Macbook Pro 3.1 GHz quad i7 16GB RAM

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effect crashes when trying to remove the roughen edges effect

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the roughen edges effect applied to a shape layer. Whenever I try to delete the effect, the program becomes unresponsive and I have to force quit. The same thing happens if I try to delete the entire comp that has the shape layer with roughen edges. 

After Effects: v16.1.3

macOS: Catalina v10.15.4

Macbook Pro 3.1 GHz quad i7 16GB RAM

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable capslock to temporarily disable refresh/ re-rendering and try again. Other than that check your hardware acceleration settings everywhere and revert to software-only mode if need be...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
JB20145 LATEST
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0