Highlighted

After effect crashing whenever i drag a file/clip/photo to my timeline

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have been using my ae for around 5 months now and like some days ago when i woke up it suddently decided to not work at all. I was supposed to render a vid but i cant open the file bcs it keeps crashing when its on the loading screen before opening a project. 

I have been watching a ton of yt vids about everything when it comes to ae crashing and nothing seemed to work. I have not download anything new like effects or anything to ae and i have also just updated my drivers so thats not the problem either. Also have enough space on my pc and to my ae. 

Anyone got some tips?

Pc specs are 16gb ram 1050 gtx i5 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effect crashing whenever i drag a file/clip/photo to my timeline

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have been using my ae for around 5 months now and like some days ago when i woke up it suddently decided to not work at all. I was supposed to render a vid but i cant open the file bcs it keeps crashing when its on the loading screen before opening a project. 

I have been watching a ton of yt vids about everything when it comes to ae crashing and nothing seemed to work. I have not download anything new like effects or anything to ae and i have also just updated my drivers so thats not the problem either. Also have enough space on my pc and to my ae. 

Anyone got some tips?

Pc specs are 16gb ram 1050 gtx i5 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stian5CFA,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects.

How do you launch After Effects - by double-clicking the project file or by clicking its icon? What's the exact version of After Effects you're using? Also, do you see any error message or crash report?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0