• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effect Preview Blank/Black

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason my whole preview window is black. It worked temporarily then went black. I am very new to After Effects but not new to Adobe. I am trying to create a house projection map and I got probably 3 masks made and this happened.

I searched and tried a few things...

- Updating drivers

- Emptying Cache

- Cleared more room on hard drive

- Changed preview to lowest setting

- Checked playhead position

- I have 16G RAM

I appreciate any help I can get! Thank you in advance! 🙂

screenshot.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see 5 solid layers that are white. I assume they have masks. I see one shape layer. I don't know what you are doing to the layers because you have not shown any modified properties (press 'uu') and there is no workflow description. 

What happens if you solo a layer? What do you see when you press the 'u' key twice? What are your project GPU settings (press Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + k)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kaylync41981390,

Thanks for reaching out.

Along with what Rick asked, would you mind sharing the rest of your computer specifications (CPU, GPU, OS version) and the exact version of After Effects you're using? Also, please check if it's happening with this particular project or all of them.

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines