Highlighted

After effect v17.5.0 (Build40) Memory cache problem when using Paint

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with after effect on my current project since the last update. I have a montage in Premiere on witch I want to add animated "Motion" lines effects to show movement and other hand drawing effects. I've cutted the part I needed and add dynamic link to AE. Once in AE, I added my paint effect, frame by frame, but when I need to ctr+z (happens a lot in frame by frame animations) AE don't update and I still see the erased lines. To solve the problem I need to Edit -> Purge ->All memory (or Ctrl+Alt+NumPad/). It takes me so much more time to continue the project. I first started this project on the previous version of AE and had no problem at all with memory... Is that a memory issue with the current version?
Cache are on my SSD set to 50G

I troubleshoot SSD space, RAM memory, graphic card utilisation. No other software than Premiere and AE is runing.
Spec:
Win10
i9 9900k
M.2 SSD 170g free space
32g RAM 3800MHz
GeForce GTX1070

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effect v17.5.0 (Build40) Memory cache problem when using Paint

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with after effect on my current project since the last update. I have a montage in Premiere on witch I want to add animated "Motion" lines effects to show movement and other hand drawing effects. I've cutted the part I needed and add dynamic link to AE. Once in AE, I added my paint effect, frame by frame, but when I need to ctr+z (happens a lot in frame by frame animations) AE don't update and I still see the erased lines. To solve the problem I need to Edit -> Purge ->All memory (or Ctrl+Alt+NumPad/). It takes me so much more time to continue the project. I first started this project on the previous version of AE and had no problem at all with memory... Is that a memory issue with the current version?
Cache are on my SSD set to 50G

I troubleshoot SSD space, RAM memory, graphic card utilisation. No other software than Premiere and AE is runing.
Spec:
Win10
i9 9900k
M.2 SSD 170g free space
32g RAM 3800MHz
GeForce GTX1070

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2020 0

Have something to add?