Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 17.1.1 is now available!

Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 17.1.1 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. It's a bug-fix update and is recommended for all users. For more details, visit the fixed issues page.

How do I update After Effects?
To update After Effects, open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click Update.

AE 17.1.1.png

What should I do if I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application?
Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey x_market,

What kind of computer and OS do you have? Do you get any error messages at launch?

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What am i missing, i've just had another set of updates June 25th, but i was already running 17.1.1 build 34. And nothing seems to have changed, but yet i have just done anohther update, so whats new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's kinda odd!! June 25th is tomorrow.

If you're on 17.1.1 (Build 34), you already have the latest stable build. However, our beta versions get updated almost on a daily basis. Go to the Beta apps section and check if that's the update you're talking about. 

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok date typo sure, but i sat through a whole set of updates. Your mesage made me think i was loosing my mind. So have come to my main system, and the same thing exactly as i've described. And i took a grab just so you can see it.

I'm running the latest updates, and have just been pushed another update. Seeminly the same. Not a beta. SEE here: So what/why is there another set of updates? With the exact same build number... on two systems, not just one.

Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 15.37.37.png

after posting this, quitting CC and reopening it. All updates have dissappeared apart from InDesign. Super strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am however now having on ongoing issue when opening a project. 

Last week i was working on a new project. Without issue. It's a small project too at only 2.4mb for the AEP and only linking to 4 external sources (still images)

On Monday this week i couldn't get it to open at all. Went through tech support and eventually removed it, reinstalled it. Had to physically remove all old preferences etc, as on removal of the programme, it didn't do that. Eventually it opened the AEP. But that same project loads for over 10 seconds. SUPER slow. When it has nothing at all going on in it. I find that astonishing, given the capability of the system. And it's something i didn't experience before the latest update, so somewhere there is a new bug doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the screenshot and additional context. For the CC desktop issue, that definitely seems to be a glitch. You're already running the latest version of After Effects. A better way to check updates for any app is by clicking the 3-dot menu and going to Other versions:

Click the 3-dot menu to open more optionsClick the 3-dot menu to open more options

Screenshot at Jun 24 22-08-18.png

For the project issue, can you share the project file with me so that I can test it on my machine?

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updated version crashes every time I try to open certain files of a project I'm currently working on, reinstalling the previous version now (glad you have that since I left the "keep previous version" box unchecked). Also, add me to the list of people who think the rebrand is terrible because all the icons look the same now, terrible idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi efxmatt,

Sorry for my delayed response.

I'd be happy to look into why the updated version is crashing. Let me know if the previous version works well. If you have another machine, we can troubleshoot what's going on with the update.

Regarding the redesign, I'll share your feedback with the Design team.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous version works fine, so I (and all of my coworkers) will stick with that.

I can't even tell you how many times I've clicked on Premiere instead of Media Encoder in the dock because THE ICONS LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME. Seriously, I don't advocate violence, but I want you to go up to whoever came up with that idea and give them a really dirty look for me, maybe throw in a finger point. That is so bad for productivity when you switch between apps a lot, the different colors made that so much easier because now I have to stop and actually look at them to see what the letters are, and that slows me down. How that idea made it this far down the pipeline is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear ya!

I'll share your feedback with our design teams.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines