Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 17.1.2 is now live!

Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 17.1.2 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. It's a bug-fix update and is recommended for all users. For more details, visit the fixed issues page.

How do I update After Effects?
To update After Effects, open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click Update.

Screenshot at Jul 21 14-28-03.png

What should I do if I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application?
Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would stay away from this update, PR and AE and ME were all jacked up after updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing fine here, Rob. What's up? What's your system like? Media? Need more info because your warning contains little info. Can you give any details?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

17.1.1 was fine but with 17.1.2, preview isn't working anymore for at least one composition that I know. Other compositions that contain this comp won't preview / cache it either. I saved it as a new file, but then trying to preview this comp again a few times crashes the app. 

Though I saved it as another file again, and the shape layers in that composition are all messed up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me the same. All previews doesn´t working anymore..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update some h264 mp4's in PP and AE got glitches on them while there were fine before updating...

Adnotacja 2020-07-22 153113.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey filipb13203080,

This seems to be a graphics driver related problem. Which GPU and graphics driver version is installed on your machine?

Let us know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using After Effects on a brand new iMac - crashes/spinning wheel after pressing spacebar to preview. Have updated to latest version but still happening 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey lucyroseclarke,

Sorry about that! Do you have a crash log that you can share with us? I'll be happy to share that with a developer so that we can decipher it.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I don't know that my issue is related to this latest update or not, but a little while ago while using After Effects my entire system (Mac OS 10.14.6) crashed and I had to do a forced restart. Now that I'm back online, I have restarted AE and opened my previous project, and none of my project files are there. Interestingly, I still have my project file folders (eg, "audio", "graphics", "comps", etc.) that I set up in the project – just no files inside those folders. Presumably all my previous work was lost. Not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird, andykynerd.

Were your projects saved locally or on an external drive?

Have you looked at the auto-saved folders?

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wont load fresh install , no projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE can't open on my Mac(10.15.5). Everytime I launch it, nothing happens after the icon shakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

That can be an issue with licensing. Sign out from the Creative Cloud desktop app and sign back in. Then launch After Effects from the CC desktop app.

Let me know if that works.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logged in with a different account with the same problem.

Checked account on CC and ensured all existing devices removed to be 100%
sure.

Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old problem showing up. Preview timeline with audio play first two sec muted then played sound realtime. This is old solved problem happen again Adobe for god sake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Minko0505,

I understand that you're unable to hear the audio for the first two seconds, right?

Does it happen with all the audio files and with all your projects?

Let me know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you guys fix the Element 3D plugin issue on 17.1.1? I had to revert to 17.1.0 to get it to work. I'm on a Mac, OS X 10.15.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ColbyFulton,

Which Element 3D issue are you referring to?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues downloading After Effects and using it as well.  Is something wrong with Adobe's cloud? I can't update any of my desktop apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi enerjohn96,

Sorry to hear that. There is nothing wrong on our end. Can you provide more detail on what's going on? If you're getting any errors, please share a screenshot.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no errors.

Just doesn't open.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running into a problem for some time, probably as early as version 17.1 or 17.0 that makes it impossible for me to save an AE project. I mean that after creating a new comp and doing the first operations if I do command + S or menu> save or menu> save as or menu> save a copy, the save window does not open, indeed nothing happens if not that the working windows become immutable, not clickable. Basically every click on the program gives me the typical Mac sound of when your click fails because, for example, you forgot to tick an option. The fact is that I only discovered today that instead of closing the app forcibly (which I was forced to do because ninente was more clickable, not even the menu, all the items became "hidden" even the command "exit" from the icon in the Dock did not execute the command) I found that with Shift + esc I can somehow get out of the "mode" where I have no control of the app. and I can continue working yes, but I cannot save the project. At the moment I'm working on a project that doesn't even have an autosave folder because I've never been able to give the first save. What am I doing wrong? What should I do?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines