Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 17.1.3 is now available!

Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 17.1.3 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. It's a bug-fix update and is recommended for all users.

What's fixed?

• EXR performance has been improved: Multi-part and multi-channel EXR files preview up to 3x faster
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when creating a composition using a CSV file containing Chinese characters
  • Fixed an issue where the status info along the bottom of the Render Queue panel did not appear at a non-100% display scale.

Complete documentation:

Fixed issues

Known issues

How do I update After Effects?
To update After Effects, open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click Update.

ae 17.1.3.png

What should I do if I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application?
Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great. except that after installing 17.1.3 this morning, AE won't launch at all - either from previous projects or from standalone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about that, Phil_primefilms.

Are you getting any error messages? Please provide more details about your system so that we can help you better.

Thanks.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having troubles opening projects. Every single project I try to open won't load in the preview window & crashes AE. This was happening before I updated the program, but it has continued. I even reinstalled After Effects and it doesn't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It was working fine before the update. Now, I can barely get it to open. When it does, nothing loads in the preview window and the program crashes when I try anything. Uninstall/reinstall didn't help. Dumping my cache didn't help. This is frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even tried installing an older version and that STILL didn't do anything!! I'm exteremely frustrated!

Adobe has been of no help either. They told me to contact my school which I get the CC through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. As soon as i click to open AE i get a crash message everytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar problems and cannot open earlier projects made in CC2019 or earlier (https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/catastrophic-ae-issue/td-p/11374624?page=1).
I am having an impossible time syncing fonts and exporting templates to my library for use in PPr. These issues seem to have started in 17.1.2 and continue in this latest version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that Jacob01, chanced15388787, tobyp57859931, and glaustin.

This is unexpected behavior and I'd like to get more info. Let's start by getting your computer specifications and OS version.

• If it's possible for any one of you to share a screen recording, that would be super helpful. Is any one of you getting a crash report?
  • Additionally, if you have any third-party plugins, can you move them out temporarily to make sure it's not because of that?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screen recording. I don't have any third party plugins installed on my laptop. I did have them installed on my previous computer, but I haven't moved them over to my new one yet...so I don't use them.

I will get a crash report on occassion, but that didn't happen in this instance.

https://youtu.be/z83uMon1khc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the video, Jacob01. When you say After Effects stalls around 11 seconds, do you get a "not responding" screen? I couldn't figure out because everything turns white in the video at that timecode.

Another thing that I noticed in the video is that the Libraries panel is white for some reason. I assume your workspace data might be messed up. Can you reset AE prefs by following these steps?

• Quit After Effects
  • Go to AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects and rename the "17.1" folder to "Old_17.1"
  • Launch After Effects again and report back

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I get a not responding screen at 0:50 in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z83uMon1khc&feature=youtu.be

I reset the AE prefs and it didn't change anything. My libraries window was still white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, Jacob01.

Can you provide more information about your system configuration? Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps? I don't want to suggest something that you have already done.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok but the rotation tool in 17.1.3 is broken. It rotates things dozens or hundreds of rotations at a time rather than a few degrees:

See https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/rotation-sensitivity-is-after-effect-is-annoying/m-p/11...

For now I've rolled back to 17.1.2 where the rotation tool works fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• " EXR performance has been improved: Multi-part and multi-channel EXR files preview up to 3x faster"

Is this based on GPU acceleration at all or hs the code been improved to improve overall RAM previews?

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mo,

Most of the enhancements to the EXR plug-in are code optimizations. It's not based on GPU acceleration.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey discretegames.

I have notified the After Effects team about this problem. Thanks for reporting!

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, how much costs After Effects and Adobe media encoder ? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi darlene joy0D4D

After Effects is $20.99/month for an individual license. More detail and other plans here: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html?filter=video-audio&plan=individual

Media Encoder is bundled with After Effects.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran this update and it broke expressions. 

I had a CSV generated graph from expressions. which ran buttersmooth in previous version. After install i can barely render a frame in 5 seconds, and render time gets longer for each successive frame. (this is not a heavy graph, just to lines) 

I've tried downgrading versions, but now those don't work either. I tried resetting appdata folder, but didnt do work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ArneDig.

I talked to a couple of expressions gurus on the team and they would like to check what's going on exactly. Would you be able to share your project file along with the CSV?

Let me know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effects will not open.   Tried opening from a previous project and as standalone but it won't even load the startup screenI've uninstalled and re-installed.  it does not give any error messages does not say application not responding.  no indication of what could be wrong.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) - Catalina 10. 15. 6

3. 6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on windows 10 latest version and update this and everything went bad. At the same time, my Extensis Suitcase Fusion font management needed to be wiped and reinstalled, and I needed to revert back to AE 17.1.2

I have ti all working now, but I won't update AE until the next version, as this one is not good for a working animator to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I launch AE the CPU & GPU go high any solution 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW - this update seems to break keyframe double clicking: Double clicking keyframe does not work after update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines