• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 17.1.4 KEPS CRASHING!

Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another buggy update, thanks Adobe. as stated it keeps crashing, usually when trying to auto save or working with 3d layers. it was running perfectly before the update. im on a mac with the latest os

TOPICS
Crash , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Another update - Adobe has acknowledged the crash issue and officially recommends folks to revert to 17.1.3.

Check it out: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/known-issues-after-effects.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GWATdesign,

Sorry for your issue.

Could you share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM)? Also, do you see any error message or crash report that you can share? Please try resetting the preferences of After Effects and see if that brings any change.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Constant crashing, debugger never comes up.      Latest Win 10 Pro  , RTX 2080, 64GB Ryzen 3900x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my system is as follows 

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac19,1

Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 9 MB

Memory: 40 GB

Boot ROM Version: 1037.140.50.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.46f13

Serial Number (system): C02C405DJV3Y

Hardware UUID: 189A4893-773C-5C97-82CB-66B931A496DF

I have no error reports to share

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note to everyone, uninstalling and reinstalling seem to fix the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying this, hope it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: you can use the CC app to roll back to the earlier version where you didn't have issues.

Alternatively, you can also install the public beta. It installs alongside your currently installed versions without causing any sort of issue with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worst update so far... I use AE as a supliment to real comping software and whilst some updates are welcomed, this latest one seems to crash constantly. Just rolled back 1 version so hopefully that works a little better. But I still haven't figured out this crazy bug with the 'Intializing MediaCore' BS... have to restart the computer each time AE crashes or it hangs & hangs on the MediaCore thing...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same - keeps crashing, usually upon auto-saving. Uninstalling and reinstalling with reboot now. 

Mac Pro late 2013 12-core, 64GB ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - reverted to AE 17.1.3 and it no longer crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... reverted back 1 update and seems far more stable (touch wood).... although Force Moblur still causes issues but I'm pretty sure that is always going to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update - Adobe has acknowledged the crash issue and officially recommends folks to revert to 17.1.3.

Check it out: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/known-issues-after-effects.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

17.1.4 keeps crashing and crashing every few minutes and  it's not auto-save, resetting didn't fix. Clean install didn't resolve anything. Clean project or nothing fixes the crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the public beta and see if that behaves better for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was searching for the issue and I thought it was just me and my RAM.

I get my crash reports. One of them below;

///////////////////

Time Awake Since Boot: 2154 seconds

Crashed thread: 115 [1292] THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL

Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Exception Parameters: User-Mode data execution prevention (DEP) violation at location 0x0000000000000000
Exception Message: 3221225477 The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.

/////////////////

This seems to be there is a wrong memory reference which may be a typo in source code which causes at random wrong reads and crahses. I hope this helps to the team to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although I am sorry others are having issues too, I am so glad I am not the only one. I thought I was losing my mind and my manager is probably losing patience waiting for the project I am working on! So glad I am not the only one. I will revert back to the previous release. What a nightmare and huge waste of time- troubleshooting, deleting plugins, resetting preferences, checking system requirements, coping error logs to potentially send to adobe.... ugh!  Hope this gets fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines