Highlighted

After Effects 17.5.1 is now available!

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 17.5.1 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. This update provides fix to crashing bugs and improvement to general quality. 

What's fixed?

• Fixed an issue that prevented using the Option/Alt key as a tool modifier key on 2D layers in 3D compositions.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the keyboard shortcut Alt/Option to not engage wireframes interactions in 2D compositions.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when creating a new layer viewer while the Paint tool is selected.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to freeze when moving the cursor over the Footage panel with the Pen tool selected.
  • Fixed an issue that caused black frames when exporting a composition to QuickTime with the Avid DNxHR 444 codec with an alpha channel.
  • Fixed an issue that caused import to fail for QuickTime ProRes files.
  • Fixed an issue that caused garbage pixels when exporting a composition to QuickTime DNxHR 444 with uncompressed alpha.
  • Fixed an issue with the Essential Graphics Panel that caused a crash when closing the Edit Properties dialog.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the render to fail when running aerender from the command prompt.
  • Fixed an issue that caused AERenderCore to not terminate when quitting the app in some cases.
  • Fixed an issue that caused AMD integrated GPUs to not be used for effect rendering in higher resolution compositions.

Check out the Fixed Issues page for details on other bug-fixes.

How do I update After Effects?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top-left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

AE 17.5.1.png

What should I do if I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application?
Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, FAQ, Freeze or hang, Import and export, Performance, Preview, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects 17.5.1 is now available!

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 17.5.1 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. This update provides fix to crashing bugs and improvement to general quality. 

What's fixed?

• Fixed an issue that prevented using the Option/Alt key as a tool modifier key on 2D layers in 3D compositions.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the keyboard shortcut Alt/Option to not engage wireframes interactions in 2D compositions.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when creating a new layer viewer while the Paint tool is selected.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to freeze when moving the cursor over the Footage panel with the Pen tool selected.
  • Fixed an issue that caused black frames when exporting a composition to QuickTime with the Avid DNxHR 444 codec with an alpha channel.
  • Fixed an issue that caused import to fail for QuickTime ProRes files.
  • Fixed an issue that caused garbage pixels when exporting a composition to QuickTime DNxHR 444 with uncompressed alpha.
  • Fixed an issue with the Essential Graphics Panel that caused a crash when closing the Edit Properties dialog.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the render to fail when running aerender from the command prompt.
  • Fixed an issue that caused AERenderCore to not terminate when quitting the app in some cases.
  • Fixed an issue that caused AMD integrated GPUs to not be used for effect rendering in higher resolution compositions.

Check out the Fixed Issues page for details on other bug-fixes.

How do I update After Effects?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top-left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

AE 17.5.1.png

What should I do if I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application?
Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, FAQ, Freeze or hang, Import and export, Performance, Preview, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2020 0

Have something to add?