Highlighted

After Effects 2017 - "Cached Preview needs 2 or more frames" glitch lives on!

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was excited to upgrade to the fancy, new CC because I figured all the cache glitches I've been having since upgrading to Sierra would be fixed.

Guess what, fellas?

Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 2.28.38 PM.png

Yes, I purge and uncheck "Reduce cache size." All that works is rebooting AE, just like the good old days.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects 2017 - "Cached Preview needs 2 or more frames" glitch lives on!

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was excited to upgrade to the fancy, new CC because I figured all the cache glitches I've been having since upgrading to Sierra would be fixed.

Guess what, fellas?

Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 2.28.38 PM.png

Yes, I purge and uncheck "Reduce cache size." All that works is rebooting AE, just like the good old days.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to lower the screen resolution to quarter. clear all memory&disk cache (edit-purge-all memory&disk cache). If none of this works try to restart after effects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get this error, make sure your "Work Area" bar (just below the timing numbers at the top of the timeline) is open for more than 1 frame. I got this error and went through all the cache cleaning steps before realizing that the work area was closed. I think it happened because I didn't put any elements in the timeline that had more than one frame, only rectangles and type of no particlular duration.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
OussK LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's better if you can share a full screenshot from your workflow 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0