Highlighted

After effects 2018.3 keeps going not responding

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i recently got a new laptop and installed AE and some third party plugins on it. But it goes not responding after i click a few times in AE.

Here is a link to the log file: Log file created: 9/9/2018 5:48:10 PM --------------------------------------- - Pastebin.com

There is something about the dynamic link plugin in the log and i don't know what to do.

CPU: i7 - 8750H

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050

RAM: 16GB

Windows 10

Edit: I have reinstalled and the problem persist, however older versions of ae cc works with the same plugins installed.

Correct answer by Ethan_Ong | Community Beginner

Ok i have fixed the issue.

I had discord game activity on after effects and apparently somehow...its making AE to crash.

Did not have this issue on my old laptop even with game activity enabled on AE.

This problem also affects all versions of AE.

So if anyone has this problem, try removing after effects from discord game activity.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effects 2018.3 keeps going not responding

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i recently got a new laptop and installed AE and some third party plugins on it. But it goes not responding after i click a few times in AE.

Here is a link to the log file: Log file created: 9/9/2018 5:48:10 PM --------------------------------------- - Pastebin.com

There is something about the dynamic link plugin in the log and i don't know what to do.

CPU: i7 - 8750H

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050

RAM: 16GB

Windows 10

Edit: I have reinstalled and the problem persist, however older versions of ae cc works with the same plugins installed.

Correct answer by Ethan_Ong | Community Beginner

I had discord game activity on after effects and apparently somehow...its making AE to crash.

So if anyone has this problem, try removing after effects from discord game activity.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that the add-ons are up to date and compatible with the After Effects CC version that is giving you this problem, the add-ons may not yet be ready and optimized for the latest version of Ae.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same AE CC version along with all the plugins installed on my old laptop and there doesn't seem to be any issue though..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, not sure you'll respond since this is from a while ago but my nephew uses my pc and has downloaded discord. I have the same problem with the not responding messages so this might be a solution for me? I'm just not sure how to remove ae from discord, tips? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines