Highlighted

After Effects 2019 on Windows 7/8

Participant ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the proclaimed system requerments, but it makes no difference - we have absolutely no plans upgrading our trusty Win 7 computers to anything else for another 1-2 years more. But there is a problem - AE 2019.

Earlier I managed to trick Cinema 4D r21 which "does not support" anything prior to Win 10 to be installed on Win 7/8 machines, and it works wonderfully! The approach is to use HighVersionLie in Microsoft Application Verifier. But trying to do the same with Creative Cloud nor standalone deplyment package nor even CCMaker didn't succeed.

CCMaker says "unsupported system" just instantly. So it checks system version some other way.

How to trick it to think it's Win 10?

I know about "unsupported features" and all of that BS, we don't care, 90% if we can install it should work.

But how to install?..

And, seriously, Adobe, Win 7 has a major market of 40%, it's the most reliable Windows. Throwing it off of the support is not fair move. Ok, keep it "Win 10 only", but leave us a way to hack it to install on older systems we use!

Moderator Note: Moved from "Getting Started" to After Effects"

There's really nothing valuble in CC I have to admit. It's not a reason to tie us to newer system.

Anyway, I found a way to fool the installer and managed to get AE 2019 working on Win 8! Win 7 probably will need some latest updates if it has not yet.

..\AdobeAfterEffects16AllTrial\products\AEFT\Application.json. There you'll find SystemRequirement block which contain the build number of the least supported Windows. Simply change those numbers to apropriate to you (not that the second one must have an addtional "0." before build number).

Than it installs as usual. All the junk from absurdly bloated CC might be cleansed by CreativeCloudUnistaller which you may find through Google

Enjoy!

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects 2019 on Windows 7/8

Participant ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the proclaimed system requerments, but it makes no difference - we have absolutely no plans upgrading our trusty Win 7 computers to anything else for another 1-2 years more. But there is a problem - AE 2019.

Earlier I managed to trick Cinema 4D r21 which "does not support" anything prior to Win 10 to be installed on Win 7/8 machines, and it works wonderfully! The approach is to use HighVersionLie in Microsoft Application Verifier. But trying to do the same with Creative Cloud nor standalone deplyment package nor even CCMaker didn't succeed.

CCMaker says "unsupported system" just instantly. So it checks system version some other way.

How to trick it to think it's Win 10?

I know about "unsupported features" and all of that BS, we don't care, 90% if we can install it should work.

But how to install?..

And, seriously, Adobe, Win 7 has a major market of 40%, it's the most reliable Windows. Throwing it off of the support is not fair move. Ok, keep it "Win 10 only", but leave us a way to hack it to install on older systems we use!

Moderator Note: Moved from "Getting Started" to After Effects"

There's really nothing valuble in CC I have to admit. It's not a reason to tie us to newer system.

Anyway, I found a way to fool the installer and managed to get AE 2019 working on Win 8! Win 7 probably will need some latest updates if it has not yet.

..\AdobeAfterEffects16AllTrial\products\AEFT\Application.json. There you'll find SystemRequirement block which contain the build number of the least supported Windows. Simply change those numbers to apropriate to you (not that the second one must have an addtional "0." before build number).

Than it installs as usual. All the junk from absurdly bloated CC might be cleansed by CreativeCloudUnistaller which you may find through Google

Enjoy!

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE is not really a stand-alone application. AE works within the set of Adobe Creative Cloud apps. Hence, there are features within this set of applications that require Win 10. So, when a developer makes a set of stipulations for its system requirements, it is best to work within these stipulations in order to work efficiently and effectively with the application and the entire set of applications.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enjoy!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi anri.

is AdobeAfterEffects16AllTrial a folder?

i'm on Win7, but i cannot find it.. i've found a file .PIMX that has a similar name, but i dubt is the place to look at.

may i ask where is that folder in your system?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded official trial from Adobe so it's called this way. If you have something different, make sure you see this in your folder and dig from there into \products\AEFT\

2019-11-20_19-04-47.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and after that you install AE as a trial version and log-in with your CC account?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. If you have subscription it will be activated, just like with CC app

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I wanted to ask that where exactly do I need to change the version ? Only two places or over all?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the other "0" and Adobe 2019 is installed. But when I start it I get this error.

"The procedure entry point createdxgifactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll window 7". 

Does anyone know about the workaround for this ?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines