Highlighted

After Effects 2020 app keeps freezing every 5 seconds?

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My AE is brand new, but it keeps freezing every 5 seconds, even when I don't press any buttons. I merely just have to scroll over a button, and it stops to load.... I don't even have anything in the composition. No files, no projects... So... I'm lost. Can someone help me here?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, FAQ, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects 2020 app keeps freezing every 5 seconds?

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My AE is brand new, but it keeps freezing every 5 seconds, even when I don't press any buttons. I merely just have to scroll over a button, and it stops to load.... I don't even have anything in the composition. No files, no projects... So... I'm lost. Can someone help me here?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, FAQ, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BeautifulDreamer5F97,

Sorry for your issue. We'd need more information to troubleshoot the issue properly.

1. What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?
  2. The exact version of After Effects.
  3. Are you using any third-party plug-ins for After Effects?

In the meantime, try resetting the preferences of After Effects and test it on a new project.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a macbook pro and its Catalina. I got this just now when I opened it: "Your disk cache folder is on a drive that does not have enough available spaceto safely store the full amount specified in your preferences. Please make more space available or go to Media and Disk cache preferences to change the folder maximum disk cache size." Hopefully that answers something? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back. Looks like the media cache drive doesn't have enough storage space. You can clear out the media cache by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Media & Disk Cache.

Media cache.png

I'd recommend you to free up some storage or change the location of the After Effects media cache folder.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0