Highlighted

After Effects 2020 Crashed Win10

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Adobe After Effects Error: preferences file "Adobe After Effects 17.0 Prefs-paint.txt" is not valid. The file will be renamed with ".old" , and a new preferences file will be created.

(21 :: 31)

Inside, the preview pannel keeps freezing and only works when you close the program and reopen it.

And now I can't even open Ae anymore.

Please help! (Note: Ps is also behaving weirdly like I cant open a certain files anymore)

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects 2020 Crashed Win10

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Adobe After Effects Error: preferences file "Adobe After Effects 17.0 Prefs-paint.txt" is not valid. The file will be renamed with ".old" , and a new preferences file will be created.

(21 :: 31)

Inside, the preview pannel keeps freezing and only works when you close the program and reopen it.

And now I can't even open Ae anymore.

Please help! (Note: Ps is also behaving weirdly like I cant open a certain files anymore)

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 20, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer to the "How to delete preferences" thread on this forum and reinstall AE via the CC app. For anything beyond that actual system info and crash details fro mthe event viewer would be required.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020 1