• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 Crashes & Errors

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've used After Effects for a while now, and it's always been slow. But lately, it's become unbearable. When I first installed AE 2020 it worked really well, but suddenly it's stopped. For starters, playback speed is incredibly slow and glitchy, and often the "RAM Preview - not in real time" comes up.

It also sometimes randomly stops playing back, and won't play at all, then randomly jumps FORWARD a frame. The only way to fix this error is shutting it down then opening it back up again, but it still happens.

After Effects has also been exporting really huge file types; I exported a one minute video that came out as 15G the other day. 

Any help would really be appreciated!! Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ef123123,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects.

As you mentioned that it stopped working well suddenly, have you made any changes to your computer recently like installing a new program or font? Third-party plug-ins sometimes could cause such issue, try removing them if you're using any. If possible, please share a screen recording of the issue along with your system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version).

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm using a HP Windows 10, with 4.00GB of RAM. I have a video, but how do I attach it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines