After Effects 2020 crashes in certain files

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I bought a new iMac computer, a powerful computer. The problem is that the After Effects software crashes for me when the files are relatively large. and it shows me the following message:

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 17.43.342.png

and i also have macbook pro (weaker computer) where it dosen't crash.

help me please, thanks alot! 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "when the files are relatively large"? How are you measuring the size (file size, number of layers, number of effects, number of assets in the project panel, etc.)? What do you mean by large (what's a big size as opposed to a normal size)?

What are the specs for the two computers?

What are you doing when the computer crashes? Is it just on opening the project or working with it? 

Are you using the same project file with no issues on one machine that is causing issues on the other or are they just similar projects?

What third-party scripts, extensions, or plugins do you have installed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
adi98A7 AUTHOR
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

so in terms of size - like youe said, when it has alot of layers, effects and compositions (file size not necessarily large).

the specs:

iMac:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

Macbook Pro:

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

and on the Macbook Pro it doesn't crash with the same project files.

when the after effects crahses on the iMac, I get a backup file, then I reopen it, and then it keeps happening sometimes.

and both of them have almost the same scripts, extenstions and plugins:

Easecopy

Bodymovin (only on the macbook pro)

Mocha

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they both running the same version of MacOS?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
adi98A7 AUTHOR
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac: version 10.15.6

MacbookPro: version 10.15.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adi98A7,

Sorry for your issue.

What's the version of After Effects you're using? Please update the After Effects to the latest version (17.1.4) and see if you're still getting the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
adi98A7 AUTHOR
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thank you!

I updated it now from 17.1.2 to 17.1.4,

and it's happend again. I have to say it's happening also when I touch certain files. For example now I have tried to get into a certain composition and the After Effect regularly crashes when I get into this one (of course this has happened in other situations with other files), I really don't understand what cause it,

I wish you can help me with that guys!

thanks, 

Adi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know one certain composition is causing it, that can help narrow down the issue. What is in that comp?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
adi98A7 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, sorry for the delay.

because right now the After effect works as usual when I get into this composition.

It's quite unexpected, it can be crushes and then pass and everything normal.

I really do'nt know what the problem can be.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines