• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 crashes when loading project

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update there's no possibility to work on previously created projects. AE crashes every time. Tried different solutions - no joy. It happens only when loading project from older version.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to ae, and I finished my first edit (that I'm really proud of) right before I updated the program. Now, I can't figure out how to view or render it 😞 so disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rufiozouza,

Sorry for your issue. Are you using macOS or windows? Did you use any third party plugins while creating the project? Also, you can try importing your existing project in a new project.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

NKush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NKush,
thanks for you reply.
I’m using macOS, I didn’t use any third party plugin in this project. It happens with every project I created in AE CC 2019… After importing old project into AE 2020 it works. So the problem occurs only when I open an old project.
I hope Adobe will deal with this problem soon 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several months later and I'm having the same issue. When I open AE 2020 and try to open an old project or import an old project into a new, blank one, it times out. The progress bar never starts. It just grays out, and if I click it or on the AE screen, it crashes. 

I'm running Windows 10 on a core i7 with 16 gb memory and not much else open. No plug-ins. Everything else on the machine runs fine. So now I can't edit older files.

AE crash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing is happening to me.

I have the same computer specs too.

Anybody has a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines