Highlighted

After Effects 2020 Crashing on Preview or Scrub

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, 

I have various projects on my machine that I navigate to daily. Today I tried to open some projects and only certain projects work as normal but others crash when I try to preview, scrub or even open a composition. There have been no issues with the prejects before today/

These are the steps I've tried:

Clearing cache and scratch disk

Unplugging and disabling my audio devices (headphones)
Updating to the recent updated version

Uninstalling and reinstalling

Not using GPU for anything

Resetting preferences

Switching audio devices

I don't have any new fonts or plugins

Installed newest drivers for GPU

There are more on this list that I've left out, but I've tried everything I can find on the internet.

The strange thing is that the increments I saved before the latest versions are also crashing. With other projects that are weeks, or months old.
There is no error message, just a crash report. 
Last note, There are moments when I set all audio to my speakers and the file works, but not always which is really confusing. I'm using standard audio drivers and they are all up to date.

Specs:

2070 Super

Ryzen 7

16gb Ram

New HDD

If anyone has any advice or ideas, I would appreciate hearing them.

Thank you

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects 2020 Crashing on Preview or Scrub

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, 

I have various projects on my machine that I navigate to daily. Today I tried to open some projects and only certain projects work as normal but others crash when I try to preview, scrub or even open a composition. There have been no issues with the prejects before today/

These are the steps I've tried:

Clearing cache and scratch disk

Unplugging and disabling my audio devices (headphones)
Updating to the recent updated version

Uninstalling and reinstalling

Not using GPU for anything

Resetting preferences

Switching audio devices

I don't have any new fonts or plugins

Installed newest drivers for GPU

There are more on this list that I've left out, but I've tried everything I can find on the internet.

The strange thing is that the increments I saved before the latest versions are also crashing. With other projects that are weeks, or months old.
There is no error message, just a crash report. 
Last note, There are moments when I set all audio to my speakers and the file works, but not always which is really confusing. I'm using standard audio drivers and they are all up to date.

Specs:

2070 Super

Ryzen 7

16gb Ram

New HDD

If anyone has any advice or ideas, I would appreciate hearing them.

Thank you

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, 

So for anyone who might be having the same issue, there seems to be a totally bizzare fix. I am using two screens in Essential Graphics view. Changing to Standard view and only using one screen instead has stopped it from crashing. I'm not sure why this seems to work, it does still crash if I have it over 2 screens. Very strange, I'm clueless as to why the screen layout could cause that, but I'm sure there is a reason for it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0