Highlighted

After Effects 2020 - fans rev up on render (but not in 2019)

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 2020 a while back but stopped using it. Unlike 2019, the fans inevitably rev up, at the latest upon my rendering out the video. They get so loud I have to put the computer to sleep and start again.

Is my problem surmountable with some tweaking? Thanks

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects 2020 - fans rev up on render (but not in 2019)

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 2020 a while back but stopped using it. Unlike 2019, the fans inevitably rev up, at the latest upon my rendering out the video. They get so loud I have to put the computer to sleep and start again.

Is my problem surmountable with some tweaking? Thanks

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any info about your system nor any details about your project, what footage and effects it may use, render settings and so on. We simply cannot know why it may behave this way. The most likely cause of the issue is an incompatible graphics driver that may either totally mess with your card's energy management or for that matter the GPU not even being used, AE reverting to software-only mode and maxing out the CPU so the main fan revs up. Again, impossible to know with no real information provided.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply Mylenium. I thought there might be a simple solution that`s all. Clearly it would take some detective work. I`ll stick to 2019 until I have the time to look into it further - unless 2020 is a big step forwards from 2019 that is, but I`ve not heard that it is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0