• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 freezes while importing PSD as composition

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project and suddenly after effects stop importing PSD files with layers as composition.

This is absurd. In the middle of a project with a tight deadline. Adobe answers, please !!

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

I started thinking and trying to figure out but myself since Adobe always takes ages to solve any issue. 2 days ago importing PSD files as composition was working. And suddenly it stops working. The only thing I changed was installing Autodesk's import plugin , to import cameras lights and objects into my AE Comps. The workflow worked smoothly.I was able to get the data I needed from Autodesk 3DSmax. But now I know that ruined my PSD import. As soon as  I removed Autodesk .dlls and the plugin fi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started thinking and trying to figure out but myself since Adobe always takes ages to solve any issue. 2 days ago importing PSD files as composition was working. And suddenly it stops working. The only thing I changed was installing Autodesk's import plugin , to import cameras lights and objects into my AE Comps. The workflow worked smoothly.I was able to get the data I needed from Autodesk 3DSmax. But now I know that ruined my PSD import. As soon as  I removed Autodesk .dlls and the plugin file from the supportfiles/plugins AE folder, all the importing of PSDs started working again.I don't know why, but that was my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! I'd never have figured that by myself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting what worked for you! This will likely help other people with the same issue. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but I don't have anything Autodesk-related installed!

AE 22.2
System:

• macOS Big Sur 11.6
  • 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 CPU
  • 40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 RAM
  • Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB GPU

Any PSD, regardless of complexity (even ones that worked previously) causes AE to freeze, then crash, when I import it as a composition. Unbelievable that these things still keep happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem .. I think because we have AMD Graphics card, I have Rx 5700xt
>
have you fixed it ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Solved it.

Edit > Preferences > General > Reveal preferences in explorer .. Delete that file and restart after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this helped me as well .. tnx mate 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helped me too, thanks a million

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

helped me too, thanks! 🥰

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I solved the problem by something related to the names of my files. I had several Lower Thirds templates named LT1,LT2, LT3, LT4, LT5, etc., and automatically A.E., I imported them as a sequence of frames and it caused a crash. I renamed the files and voila, it worked again without any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines