• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 LIQUIFY tool is not working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help fix the LIQUIFY tool is not working on After Effects 2020.
Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 1.15.16 PM.png
TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what exactly? You need to be much more specific and explain what is actually going on. Just showing us a screenshot of the effect controls is not telling us anything.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with it as well, it won't do any distortion, it just moves the object's position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue-- anyone figure this out yet? Toggling the Mask and Shape visibilty did not work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Liquify effect selected in the Effects Control Panel or the Timeline? Did you turn on Show Grid in the View Options? Are you using the Selection tool (v)? 

Screenshot_2020-05-22 14.32.31_EFV0ao.png

If the layer is moving it means that you do not have Luqify selected and you have not selected one of the Liquify tools. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same prob here. The toolset does work when trying to change the layer itself, but I want to use them on a composition in order to add keyframes and animate. In the composition however, when hovering over the toolset (e.g. warp/hand) the icons do turn yellow but it's not possible to activate the tools. You can click as much as you want, the icons stay gray/inactive, as above screenshot. No brushes appear when hovering over the composition, just the curvor , so the only thing happening when dragging is moving the position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you found the solution? I'm also having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, in desperate need of a solution. it worked perfectly but as soon as entering another composition the same issue appears on my end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the GPU settings in your Preferences file (two places) and in the Project Settings Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, same problem here. Your advice is not very clear, more precision would be useful.

edit: i found a solution to my problem (put a key on the envelope distort option ) my bad 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toggle the Mask and Shape Path Visibility... that seems to fix it.  Buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this totally fixed it. Why on earth would Mask Visibility stop the brushes from showing up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy hell, that worked for me too! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem and this works! Thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could kiss your brains right now... What a pain that little bug was. Cheers for that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bravo! thanks a lot, it was driving me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stuck by this. Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you saved my night!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Superb! That was driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOOL this totally worked !!! thank you sm ! i was going insane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue. Liquify Brushes suddenly stop being visible and just drag the layer around. Cannot shape or make adjustments to anything new. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, me too.

I was using it just a few minutes ago.. and now I can't select the various tools. They click yellow but stay gray, and simply move the layer around.

Adobe is falling apart. 

We don't need new crappy tools. We need reliable software that works well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but I figured it out. I had "View>Show Layer Control" (Shift+Ctrl+H) set to OFF. Try enabling it and the brush should appear and stop moving around the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was totally it. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that worked for me. It's ridiculous that these work arounds are so necessary for an "established" app like After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines