Highlighted

After Effects 2020 Mac non-English version quits abnormally, suspecting to be a localisation issue

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I started After Effects 2020 on Mac and found that it could open (I had a full set license but did not use After Effects that often). The icon jumped a few times on the dock, then stopped, without any warning.

After checking the log, it stopped at this line:

After Effects (U.dylib)

Error: *** -[__NSDictionaryM __setObject:forKey:]: object cannot be nil

I tried to uninstall and install a few older versions and this issue still persisted, until I tried to install After Effects CC 2019, which I was blocked with this warning, roughly as: You are not licensed with this language. Your licensed language is Simplified Chinese.

I realised that my After Effects was installed with Simplified Chinese version (All my other Adobe applications like Photoshop are installed with Chinese version and working properly). So I switched back to 2020 and installed the English version, and it works.

Really appreciated that if this issue can be fixed with a future update.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects 2020 Mac non-English version quits abnormally, suspecting to be a localisation issue

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I started After Effects 2020 on Mac and found that it could open (I had a full set license but did not use After Effects that often). The icon jumped a few times on the dock, then stopped, without any warning.

After checking the log, it stopped at this line:

After Effects (U.dylib)

Error: *** -[__NSDictionaryM __setObject:forKey:]: object cannot be nil

I tried to uninstall and install a few older versions and this issue still persisted, until I tried to install After Effects CC 2019, which I was blocked with this warning, roughly as: You are not licensed with this language. Your licensed language is Simplified Chinese.

I realised that my After Effects was installed with Simplified Chinese version (All my other Adobe applications like Photoshop are installed with Chinese version and working properly). So I switched back to 2020 and installed the English version, and it works.

Really appreciated that if this issue can be fixed with a future update.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the default install setting of the language in Creative Cloud desktop tool and Language & Region in System Preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0