Highlighted

After Effects 2020 not exporting to AME when Color Profile Converter effect is used

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Color Profile Converter is applied AE does not export comp to AME.  The process fails without any error message or log entry.  However, if I try to open the file to render directly from within Media Encoder it says “The project can not be opened.” The issue occurs for me on Windows - haven't tried on Mac yet.

Only after the Color Profile Converter is removed will the After Effects file export to Media Encoder.

I just updated to 17.06 and experienced this issue. Don’t know if it occurs in previous 2020 versions but AE 2019 works fine with the effect.  No issues loading into Media Encoder in the 2019 ecosphere. Thinking it might be a problem with the .exr files I also tried with PNG but AE 2020 17.06 still refuses to export when the Color Profile Converter is added.  Disabling the effects doesn’t help; it seems it must be completely removed from the layer.

If others are experiencing this problem I will create a bug report.  Is the below link the correct place to log bugs?

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

Specs:

AE 2020 17.06

Windows 10 / 1909 / OS build 18363.778

2x GTX 1080 T1 (three monitors but all cards attached to a single display)

Topics

Dynamic link, Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects 2020 not exporting to AME when Color Profile Converter effect is used

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Color Profile Converter is applied AE does not export comp to AME.  The process fails without any error message or log entry.  However, if I try to open the file to render directly from within Media Encoder it says “The project can not be opened.” The issue occurs for me on Windows - haven't tried on Mac yet.

Only after the Color Profile Converter is removed will the After Effects file export to Media Encoder.

I just updated to 17.06 and experienced this issue. Don’t know if it occurs in previous 2020 versions but AE 2019 works fine with the effect.  No issues loading into Media Encoder in the 2019 ecosphere. Thinking it might be a problem with the .exr files I also tried with PNG but AE 2020 17.06 still refuses to export when the Color Profile Converter is added.  Disabling the effects doesn’t help; it seems it must be completely removed from the layer.

If others are experiencing this problem I will create a bug report.  Is the below link the correct place to log bugs?

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

Specs:

AE 2020 17.06

Windows 10 / 1909 / OS build 18363.778

2x GTX 1080 T1 (three monitors but all cards attached to a single display)

Topics

Dynamic link, Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe team is tracking some known AE > AME issues that sound similar to what you're describing. Filing a bug report with as much info as possible would be helpful! 

If you can, please include the following to help them diagnose:

* File > Dependencies > Collect Files - check "Generate Report Only" - this log file will help them see all the effects at play.

* Help > Enable Logging, then restart AE. Send the comp to AME again, (and prod it to fail, if necessary). Reveal the log: in AE, Help > Reveal Logs. Inside the log folder will be "LiveLink Log.txt."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peterg2036972,

As Kyle mentioned, we're investigating the issue.

More info in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/unable-to-render-export-after-effects-comps-through-med...

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines