Highlighted

After Effects 2020 not responding

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to open any project in AE but it keeps saying not responding while it worked perfectly fine yesterday. old projects, new projects, nothing works

for some reason after not touching adobe for 2 days it works again. don't know what the problem was but it works.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects 2020 not responding

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to open any project in AE but it keeps saying not responding while it worked perfectly fine yesterday. old projects, new projects, nothing works

for some reason after not touching adobe for 2 days it works again. don't know what the problem was but it works.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 27, 2019 2
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nicktoshiotalens,

Welcome to the community and sorry for the issue. Please share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM and OS version). Do you get an error message after the crash or do you quit After Effects after it stays unresponsive? Also, you can try resetting After Effects preferences and check if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

NKush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have same issue , Do you have any slution ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its noy open bro.

what shoud i do?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i was having the same problem today, i opne my project, it works fine in the first two clips and then it just stops, i cant see the cursor and then after some time it says 'After effects not responding'

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What changed on your system? Anti-virus update? Installed any new apps?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed 2 adobe updates, one for AE and one for Premiere Pro. But I only did that after this problem occured to hopefully solve it but that didn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 1
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it, when reinstall (repair) Creative Cloud application.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suddenly I am facing a problem with my after effects.If I try to do something in ae it lags and no responding, My ae was working perfectly even yesterday.But it's happening from today.IHow can I fix it? I tried reinstalling but didn't work. My ram is 16 gb.I don't think ram is a issue here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here... tried everything...nothing works... it's always when you don't have time to deal with these issue that nothing seems to resolve the problem...

UPDATE: After several attempts, finally got it to open and work. Had to uninstall the latest version and re install previous version one by one, got sucess with the v17.0 version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obrigado!!! Eu já estava desestimulado a continuar com os trabalhos, mais de dois meses tentando encontrar uma solução pro problema e nada, mas fiz a instalação que você indicou e resolveu, estava com problemas com o illustrator e photoshop, ambos estavam salvando arquivos com valores absurdos de tamanho, voltei para versões mais antigas e o problema também foi solucionado. Valeu mesmo!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0