• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects 2020 preview glitching

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my preview keeps on glitching regardless of how many times i restart after effects and my laptop. the link below is a screen recording of the issue. please help:(

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lH1fsHBkcbfSgae--Q1nZbhDquV5SLra/view?usp=sharing

also, here are some screenshots of stuff that might be useful to know

20.08.2020_15.33.10_REC.png20.08.2020_15.34.46_REC.png20.08.2020_15.36.08_REC.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, give other apps at least 2 GB. After Effects prefers even numbers of GB starting at 4. You are not leaving enough ram for other apps and I can almost guarantee that Dynamic Link, Camera Tracking, Content-Aware Fill, and a bunch of other AE core processes will not work with those ram settings.

Second, I don't see any preview of any frames. What happens if you park the CTI on one of the layers that should be visible?

Third, What are your Fast Previews Settings? They should be on Final Quality to start. If you can't see anything when the CTI is parked on a frame that has content then something is wrong at the very core of your system with display drivers or GPU settings. If Final quality works, then you might get a better UI experience using Adaptive Resolution or even Fast Draft. I usually do most of my Pencil Tests using Fast Draft. A Pencil Test is a preview of the staging, blocking, and action with all effects and motion blur turned off so I can quickly check how the shot works. 

You also have very odd Highlight colors in your UI. That tells me you have customized some settings somewhere.

It also looks like you are trying to edit a video that is a little more than 20 seconds long in AE. Editing long projects in AE is not usually recommended. 

Let us know if any of these suggestions help at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much !! i gave the other apps 3 gbs and changed the fast preview settings and its working now !:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey ! i am so sorry to bug you but it isn't working anymore. regardless of where i put my CTI, nothing shows up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JKN-BANzInakDH6uFJ5QD4Wpyjd72Adv/view?usp=sharing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines