• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 Preview Lagging

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a composition that is less than 30 seconds long and when I press the spacebar to preview it, it is super laggy and slow. The green "bar" above is also super broken up and the bar is only full over single frames. 

TOPICS
Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mistook AE for and editing software.

There is nothing wrong, you just need to understand that AE is rendering each frame and only when everything is rendered, it does a realtime playback.

So, hit spacebar and WAIT. Let it render. Once the green bar is filled, you get real time playback.

Open info panel to see what AE is currently doing and get in touch with the settings in the preview-panel. The more you are doing in AE, the more you are dealing with these settings.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I have the same problem but my green balk is fully green so it is supposed to play good but it stays laggy and slowing down. Can someone help me pls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im having the same problem, After Effects has been working fine for months and all of the sudden my preview is laggy. Ive tried clearing memory, resetting gpu, cleaning cache, nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines