Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 preview produces a GPU Error

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Day,

A user in my team gets the "GPU Effects Error" when previewing a project in AE 2020.

image.png

His system currently has RTX 2070 and a 64GB of RAM.

We tried updating the GPU drivers, purging (for good measure) and restarting the PC which did nothing to alleviate the problem. He also lowered the preview quality to  Quarter which helped for a bit but then it would still pop-up sometime later. It doesn't make sense considering the hardware that he has but for now, he's using 2019 to work.

Any help would be appreciated to make 2020 usable. Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dealing with a similar issue with the new 2020 update as well. I cannot preview my timeline at all because I have the error "display acceleration disabled" and no idea how to fix it. All older versions of AE worked flawlessly until now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure if this is a fix but I changed the Texture Memory which was initially at 4000MB to about 5000MB in GPU Information and had no errors ever since. I never knew it would take this much GPU but it somehow works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines