• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 Render Failing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a composition that is less than 30 seconds long and every time I try to render it, it fails at the exact same place. I have tried to render it over 10 times with different settings for each time, but nothing has worked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is happening at that place in the comp?

Do you have any third party plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During that time, there is just a simple 40 degree rotation of the clips. The only third party plugin I have is an MBL and I also have adobe media encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During that time, there is just a simple 40 degree rotation of the clips. The only third party plugin I have is an MBL and I also have adobe media encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a MBL?

Set the preview resolution to full quality, active motion blur if you are using it and let AE preview render the comp. If it's failing on a specific timecode, go to the TC and investigate your layers, footage, effects. Also have a look at your RAM and CPU usage. You might created something, your computer cannot process.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magic Bullet Looks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is MBL fully updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty certain that it's updated considering I installed it less than a week ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check for updates just in case there is one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first thing to do is go to the frame where the render fails in the comp, select all layers and press the "u" key twice. This will reveal all modified properties of all layers. Look for any keyframes and check all effects. If there is something unusual going on there turn off the effect and try to render starting again just a few frames before the problem happens. That will help you isolate the problem.

Every time you have a render fail you should switch to the output module's default Image Sequence option and try and render again. If it fails at frame 100 you never have to render those first 100 frames again. All you have to do is start at 101. You may have to turn something off, purge the memory and cache, or do some other minor tweak to get the render to pick up where it left off. 

Once you have a complete image sequence it is an easy and usually very fast process to render a deliverable video from the image sequence by just adding the audio track back in and matching the interpretation of the image sequence to the original frame rate of the comp. It makes no sense at all to re-render the first 20 seconds of a comp 10 times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines