• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 show a Black Screen after update on Macbook pro

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this morning i'm update my CC 2020 and after that, when open Ae and started, after a second, the app show me a full black screen, and then back to the normal app screen.

The first thought was my Macbook just restart, but is just the Ae.

Someone have the same issue with this update?

Regards.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Serbeksetin,

Sorry to hear that.

Is it happening every time you open After Effects? What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? Also, do you see any error message?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Answer your question, yes, now it happen sometimes when i open Ae, something that never happen before.

My system especifications are : Macbook pro i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630, 16Gb Ram

Thanks!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. What's the version of macOS? Have you tried reinstalling After Effects?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, i have macOs Catalina. I don't reinstall Ae because i'm just bought it and installing the month before.

This is a known issue? i read that the integration between Adobe CC 2020 and Catalina Os X have some problems.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Are you see some solution or reply for my last comment?

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!
I have the same problem, AE2020 or 2019 and Media Encoder are not starting anymore.
MacBook Pro / 2.6 GHz, i7 / Catalina 15.6 / AMD Radeon Pro 5500 ...
Suddenly the programms doesn't start anymore. (only the spinning wheel is running).
I have tried many times deinstalling, older versions of AE... always the same error.
Please help me – I have to do a job work next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have the same issue. Happens with AE and PS.
I think it happen when swith from integrated gpu to discrete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Pabloalberte,

I don't know exactly why this happen but i note is some random issue, and yes, happens me too with PS.

I hope this issue can be solved soon, it's frustrating and a little scary when you are working in something and crashes with this black screen, like a reset.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Serbeksetin and Pabloalberte,

It could be related with the macOS switching graphics automatically. Please try turning it off: https://osxdaily.com/2017/01/08/disable-gpu-switching-macbook-pro/

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, on a:

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 

2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Running Catalina 10.15.6

This problem just started happening today.. another thing I noticed was the spinning wheel, it started spinning crazy fast. Please let me know what the fix is. I do not want to disable auto graphic switching. It only happens with Ae

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deal with the same problem. I just bought new mac. I tried that on new Big Sur mac os and it seems to happend when its switch from internal to dedicated GPU. Adobre after effect and media encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, 

This worked for me.

Thanks

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines