• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 Unsupported Video Driver

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated reciently to Adobe CC 2020 , and I got this error when I open After effects ,

I updated the VGA driver , but its still there .

Any idea what that is ??

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

I was able to solve this by installing the right driver. I was simply updating Intel drivers instead of NVIDIA drivers a noob mistake of mine. Not sure if that's also the reason for the others with this issue though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SamehBijo,

Thanks for reaching out. Please share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version).

Also try to update your Nvidia GPU driver from their website

Let us know if  updating the driver helps.

Thanks,

NKush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP Zbook 17 workstation

intel core i7  4900 2.8 Ghz

Quadro K4100M

32 GB Ram

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you get a response to fixing this.  I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not really , I haven't been able to resplve the issue .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

same here 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also same here 😞 Wish I'd known this was an issue before I worked from home today. All of my footage looks awful and I won't be able to render and present this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On open, After Effects prompts for installing an Intel driver to resolve an issue with my unsupported driver "Intel HD Graphics 4600" ... only this GPU is disabled and instead an NVIDIA GPU is being used.

However to appease the prompt, I attempted to install the Intel driver that was linked to, however on install, its igxpin.exe driver app prompted "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

I then attempted to manually install with these instructions linked to from the driver page. Windows prompted that the existing driver is more current and provided no method to specify the AE recommended driver.

So now I'm stuck with this compatibility AE prompt, and also some very mysterious inaccurate CPU usage when running AE. It began exactly after updating to AE 2020 and I've installed nothing else.

How should I resolve this? Seems like I should be able to specify somewhere that AE should ignore one GPU and use the other, which it must be anyway, seeing as I disabled the other.

(Activating Bat Signal)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the exact same issue, and I cannot seem to find a way round this.. All my drivers say they are updated to the latest, and the adobe recommended option just fires the same "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." issue. 

Its so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has there been any fix to this issue? I have been having the same trouble myself and it even feels like AE is running slower than usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sme issue with intel driver

!!!!

Premiere its also not working correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You describe perfectly the issue I'm also having. Please let me know if you find a solution, I'm still looking for one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue as you - hopefully there will be a solution soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue.

On my laptop it started ith 2 driver incompatibility issues - I have dual graphics cards, but updating the Nvidia driver solved one.  I've tried updting my Intel HD Graphics P630 driver and that issue still exists.  It also happens with Premiere Pro 2020.  I tried using the Adobe recommended driver from the Adobe page that the "Fix" button takes you to - to no avail.

On my Dell XPS 27 All-In-One, both GPUs are listed as issues

My machines are both on Wondows 10 Pro:

Dell Precision M5520 laptop with an Nvidia Quadro M1200 GPU and an Itel HD Graphics P630 GPU, Intel Xeon E3-1505M v6 with 32GB of RAM

and also a

Dell XPS 27 All-In-One with an Nvidia GeForce 750M GPU and an Itel HD Graphics 4600 GPU, Intel Core i7 4770S CPU

Thanks,

Colin Young

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I'm running a Surface Book 2. Nvidia Geforce 1060 GTX.

Any updates?

Thanks,

Gijs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The driver provided at the Adobe page link would install and work for a time and then seemed to automatically roll back to the previous version and therefore suffer thesame issue again.  Windows update would not find any newer drivers for my laptop, but a Google search revealed updated drivers somewhere on the Dell site, which are newer that the Adobe provided ones.  These have not auto-rolled-back since I installed them a week ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe really should take a look at this. It's annoying having a prompt that can't be dismissed, and is citing, seemingly, irrelevant information about GPUs that aren't even being used, because there's seemingly no limited GPU-checker in place.

In my BIOS settings, the Intel-GPU is disabled, in favor of using the NVIDIA-GPU, but the Intel one still shows up in the Device Manager. It can be uninstalled there, which after restoring my Windows instance to a clean (pre-Adobe-installs) version, AND uninstalling the Intel-GPU in the device manager, AE 2020 and the rest of the apps all did not have the prompt happening ... however once windows reenabled the Intel-GPU in the background, it triggered the apps to issue the prompt again.

I just want to open AE, go make some tea, and come back to something other than the stupid prompt preventing the app from fully loading. How about a "Don't show this again" checkbox? ... Or better a "Choose your GPU" dropdown / setting.

At any rate, the driver-page should be maintained, and not left out-of-date. This feels like the can is getting kicked down the road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having same issue, system configuration below.

HP Z800 Workstation
Dual Intel Xeon W5580 @ 3.20Ghz

Quadro FX 4800

96GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I 'm facing same issue (but it's Audio Driver error), having the same PC you have, with 24GB of Ram and Quadro 4000.

what is the solution to this problem anyone please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP Z620
E5-1650 3.2GHz
16GB
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Windows 10
Premiere & After Effects Supporting issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening to me as well, really just want to be able to run AE properly... Have you or anybody else had issues with the program freezing while working for a bit after hitting "continue with known issues"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and yes, I have a Quadro K3100M with the most recent nvidia drivers as of 2-28-2020 - R418 U8 (426.50)  WHQL. "Continuing with known issues" gives me errors when rendering, as follows...

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:01:17:23 - 00:01:18:09
Rendering at offset: 77.767 seconds
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: -1609629695

The error code given apparently relates to a Memory Access Error of the GPU Ram.

It is a little disappointing that Adobe have done nothing to resolve this issue, especially as there are so many users with the same issue. It's holding up production for many people and they keep fobbing it off, there has been nothing on this thread that resembles any form of attempt on their part to find a solution. This has only been an issue since AE CC 2020 was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I met the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error.  After attempting a manual driver update, I get a response that I am curremtly running the most recent Display Adapter Drivers.  Pretty much stuck.  Have any Adobe people responded to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue and solved it. I loaded the latest graphics driver and within a few hours the damn warning came back. I Googled ‘after effects disable system compatibility report’ and found a video by the same title right away that showed you how to get to the ‘console’ in AE (and Premiere) (ctl F12 I think) go to the debug choices, search for report.enable and say ‘no’. This is probably not the greatest idea as it is most likely set to ‘yes’ by Adobe for a reason, but the issue was too annoying.

Rusty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines