Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects 2020 version 17.0.6 Preview error

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,
I have the problem that all most every time when I press the play button/spacebar and i want to see the preview, after effects stopped working I can't see any preview and I need to restart after effects (10 times in 1 hour) it's like that since I updated the after effects version 17.0.6.
I also cleared my Disk Cache, Memory and optimized my ram but nothing works and its super annoying bec I can not work at all.
I really hope someone can help me.Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-28 um 15.49.03.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

I would suggest the following options - 

1. Try Resetting preferences of AE - 

To restore the default preference settings, press and hold the following keys while the application is starting.

2. Change the Video Rendering and effects from Mercury GPU Acceleration to Software only or vice versa.

3. Change the Playback resolution from Previ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest the following options - 

1. Try Resetting preferences of AE - 

To restore the default preference settings, press and hold the following keys while the application is starting.

2. Change the Video Rendering and effects from Mercury GPU Acceleration to Software only or vice versa.

3. Change the Playback resolution from Preview Panel from Auto to half or lower.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a somewhat similar issue but can't seem to figure it out.  I have tried AE and the AE beta.  I tried different audio setups. I tried GPU and non-GPU project settings.  

AE will preview the first 1 second of the video then it won't proceed.  I created the project on another computer and it previews okay on it.

Created on...

AE 2020

Intel i5 7200U laptop

2/4 cores/threads

16GB Ram

Nvidia 940MX 2 GB

Samsung 850 SSD

Can't get it to work on...

AE 2020

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

16 cores/32 threads

64GB ram

Nvidia RTX 2060 KO Ultra 6GB

Sabrent NVMe 4.0

After it previews the first second, it won't do it again.  You have to close and restart.  If you switch to GPU project settings, it previews the first 3 seconds, then stops and won't play again.

Anyone have any clues?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...I have the latest drivers installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!
I did the 1st option and until now i don't have any problems or signs that the problem is coming back 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines