• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 very slow since this week ?

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! I never had any problem with Ae, but recently it's unbelievably slow, and for no apparent reason. From the start of the project to the end, it takes a full second to open, click, change or apply absolutely any change or element. It sounds okay but it's really not, the least action or habits I used to have now take 30s each. Purging my cache doesn't change anything. Even scrolling into the effects of a layer is slow, or my layer themselves is slow, and yet the animation I'm working on is pretty simple and in 720p.

I have a 980ti, 32gb (26 for Ae) and a i7 8700k. I never had any problem before this last week.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the disk cache and make sure you don't have any new apps running in the BG. I thought there was something going on with my system this morning but forgot that I had been using Photo Scan to build a high-density mesh from about 400 images and it was running in the background. I paused the process and AE returned to normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines