Highlighted

After Effects Adding UNWANTED Movement in my KEYFRAMES - AE BUG

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 points on a line creating 2 movements. At first, if nothing is out of frame, it functions as it should. The instant I start to pull my object out of frame, After Effects starts adding additional UNWANTED movement. It's almost as if it's adding an invisible keyframe. Video attached to show exactly what I'm referring to. I use this application for WORK so I need a fix ASAP.

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Adding UNWANTED Movement in my KEYFRAMES - AE BUG

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 points on a line creating 2 movements. At first, if nothing is out of frame, it functions as it should. The instant I start to pull my object out of frame, After Effects starts adding additional UNWANTED movement. It's almost as if it's adding an invisible keyframe. Video attached to show exactly what I'm referring to. I use this application for WORK so I need a fix ASAP.

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyframe Interpolation was set to Auto Bezier. Never happened to me before. FIXED. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No bug. You need to understand how Bezier keyframes work and due to the math their interpolation causes overshoot or the  notorious"lasso" effect. A simple web search can find you a tutorial on that, but generally I would recommend you start by reading the help on how AE actually handles keyframes, even more so since AE separates spatial and temporal interpolation, which can cause all kinds of misunderstandings and issues such as your example. for the time being selecting the keyframes, righ-clicking and choosing linear interpolation or one of the easing options would fix the immediate issue. It may just not look nice enough and you still have to work up an understanding of the finer details of controlling the interpolation.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines