• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects adding weird flashes to video?

Contributor ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a slow motion video on my S8 and saved it out to my computer. The problem is, when I play it back just from the straight file, it looks fantastic, but as soon as I bring it into After Effects for further editing, it immediately added these weird flashes to it. These flashes occurred in the editor itself, NOT just in the final output. I rendered the final output through Media Encoder to demonstrate the problem, but that's not what caused it. Can anyone help me identify what's going on here?

https://vimeo.com/user66556133/review/295195772/4a1329dee9

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link's broken. You can easily embed the video using the tools in the forum

Screenshot_2018-10-15 09.35.02_zWshp3.png

The problem is probably a frame rate interpolation problem or an MPEG compression problem caused by the codec. Check those properties and settings. Without more information, I cannot offer you much more in the way of help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully this link works better. I tried using the Embed Code from Vimeo this time.

And I figured it had something to do with frame rates being messed up. How can I check those values that you mentioned? I apologize for my lack of knowledge...I'm only just barely getting started in the 2D/Video world here, and don't know much about the software. The original video was recorded at 240 FPS on the phone, but once you save it out of the slow motion editor (on the phone), it drops to 30.225 FPS, according to After Effects. This is at 48.000 kHz. If there's any other info you need, let me know, I'll try to check this thread throughout the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines