Highlighted

After Effects Alert - Last log message was: <123145394262016>

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

just started a new project with a couple of .AI files, one of which has about 50 layers (just mentioning this because I rarely work with Illustrator files, so it might be related).

AE keeps crashing and giving me this alert about once per hour. Thankfully it saves before, but it's still annoying.

Last log message was: <123145394262016> <BEEp_CheckoutItemFrameRange> <5> BEEp_CheckoutItemFrameRange elapse time = 1.31565 seconds

Working on a brand new iMac 2020 (i9 10-core 3,6 GHz, 128GB RAM, Radeon 5700 XT 16 GB) with up-to-date Catalina and After Effects. I have a couple of plugins and effects but none of them applied to the project. I've also worked on a couple of projects on this machine and haven't had this come up before, so I feel like it's related to the AI thing.

Would love if anybody knows what's going on and can help me!
Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Alert - Last log message was: <123145394262016>

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

just started a new project with a couple of .AI files, one of which has about 50 layers (just mentioning this because I rarely work with Illustrator files, so it might be related).

AE keeps crashing and giving me this alert about once per hour. Thankfully it saves before, but it's still annoying.

Last log message was: <123145394262016> <BEEp_CheckoutItemFrameRange> <5> BEEp_CheckoutItemFrameRange elapse time = 1.31565 seconds

Working on a brand new iMac 2020 (i9 10-core 3,6 GHz, 128GB RAM, Radeon 5700 XT 16 GB) with up-to-date Catalina and After Effects. I have a couple of plugins and effects but none of them applied to the project. I've also worked on a couple of projects on this machine and haven't had this come up before, so I feel like it's related to the AI thing.

Would love if anybody knows what's going on and can help me!
Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/beep-checkoutitemframerange-error/td-p/11466440?page=1

Just found this thread, guess I'll downgrade AE for now and see what happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem could be directly related to the number of paths in your AI file, the Artboard size, effects or brushes, or other things that should not be used when you create illustrations for video. If we could see the layer structure or better yet, get a link to the AI file we might be able to help. 

You can troubleshoot the problem by saving a copy of your AI file with the most complex layer deleted or just turned off. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0