Highlighted

After Effects and Catlina

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I installed Catalina, I can't render the way I have done for years: lossless, etc. I have downloaded the media encoder but not sure how to use it or if that will fix the problem.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects and Catlina

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I installed Catalina, I can't render the way I have done for years: lossless, etc. I have downloaded the media encoder but not sure how to use it or if that will fix the problem.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering to Lossless or Lossless with Alpha should still work under macOS 10.15 Catalina, at least for After Effects CC2019 and After Effects 2020.

Which version of AE are you running and what's happening after you click "Render"?

Adobe Media Encoder installs with After Effects, so it should have already been in your Applications folder.  

To export to Media Encoder from After Effects, do one of the following while your Comp is selected:

• Select File > Export > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue
  • Select Composition > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue

In Media Encoder, pick a Format and Preset, set a destination and then click the Start Queue button.

As far as Formats and Presets go, I usually use QuickTime set to one of the Apple ProRes presets or H264 set to Match Source - High Bitrate.

This might be helpful:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/how-to/render-video.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about you describe the procedure you are doing and if you can upload screenshots to try to see where the possible issue is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0