• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects and Premiere Pro duplicating images and displaying incorrect images when imported

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm having one hell of a problem right now with After Effects and Premiere Pro. It's so bad even Adobe Customer Care is at a loss.

I am working on an animatic based on images of a storyboard, 89 pages in total. when I import them into AE or Pr some images appear as duplicates of others.

For example, if I import pages 86-89, they show up in the program as either all page 86 or even page 42 (completely different pages)

I have imported individual images just to make sure it wasn't because I imported all the images at once and I still have the same issue/

Has anyone had this issue before? if so how did you fix it? Customer care fiddled around with the Common folder but that did nothing. I even updated it and nothing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

For some reason, OP's jpgs were displaying correctly in file browser, but referencing wrong image when imported into PrPro or AE. Ps displayed them correctly.
Converted a few of OP's test images to png, worked fine.

::shrug::

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of file formats are you using? Are they individual images, or an image sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jpeg, individual images, RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All in one folder, or separate? All unique names?
If you're comfortable uploading some of the ones giving you problems, I'd be happy to see if they're troublesome on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All in one folder with their respective numbers ie 'filename_87', 'filename_88' etc.

I'll PM you some of the problematic images, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, OP's jpgs were displaying correctly in file browser, but referencing wrong image when imported into PrPro or AE. Ps displayed them correctly.
Converted a few of OP's test images to png, worked fine.

::shrug::

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going crazy with the problem and converting the images to png clearly solved my problem. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so muchh!! it works with PNG 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, your answer helped me too.... seems strange that this 'feature' still exists in Premiere Pro (version 14.3.2 - build 42) in August 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And still keeps existing in the latest 2020 version. So glad I pay a monthly fee to get regular updates and get those bugs fixed ... NOT.
This is exactly why Adobe is less and less of an option and I hope we can all have more choices to switch to in the future. I know that there are alternative solutions but working with agencies mostly you are tied to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. This problem has driven me crazy for YEARS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Will try converting to PNGs. Silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also happened to me. And using png instead of jpg solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super weird that this bug still persists in Premiere in 2022. Thankfully the workaround of converting to PNG saved me extended frustration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines