• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Audio

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I apologize in advance if this question has an obvious answer, but I absolutely cannot find a way to fix this. I've looked at several youtube videos as well as forums with people who are having similar problems, but all have either not worked or fit my specific case. I started a new project and uploaded two files, an MP3 and a basic download video file. Whenever I preview the project the audio starts out fine and then becomes very deep-sounding and laggy. I've tried changing the framerate, resolution, latency, and overall just messing with different preview settings to see what would work. I've done this on two computers, a Dell Latitude 3300 and an IMac, but both have had the same problems. However, I had luck after changing the latency to 30 as it played the entire audio with no problems, but the very next time it started happening again. If you couldn't already tell I'm very new to AE but would still like some responses with possible fixes! Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have a preview issue only, and that's normal where AE can't read all the frames at the same time so it cause Sound distortion, first try to export your project and check if the sound in your final render is good, if so that's mean it's a preview only and to fix that be sure you cash all the frame before playback

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 10.04.15 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I have already tried all the cache preview settings as well as exported my project and it didn't work.  However, the audio runs perfectly when there is no video playing but it lags whenever both the video and audio play together. Is there any chance that it's either something with my video files or computer hardware and not AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start by converting your audio file to something more palatable like a Wav/ AIFF. Conversely, check your video source file. Stuff on the web uses all sorts of weird optimizations like variable framerates and datarates, none of which goes down well with professional compositing programs. File conversions are often inevitable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines