Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects Axis mode?

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI everyone,

I have a mouth animated in Y position linked to my audio (see pictures).

I have another mouth to animate but i need it to move in another axis ( and still be able to link it with the audio).

Is it possible to move the mouth in another axis and still use the expression to link it to the audio?

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , Resources , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Just put the expression on the other axis instead. 

Alternatively, parent your mouth to a null object and keep the expression the way it is and just move/rotate the null object however you want it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, as Szalam says, place a null at the point around which you want to rotate the axis, parent the jaw layer to the null and then rotate the null. Then jaw will then rotate with it.

Side note:

I developed this extension for easy mouth animation:

autolipsync_car2

https://aescripts.com/auto-lip-sync/

It creates a very different style, since it warps the mouth shape, so if this is the right tool for your project really repends on what visual style you are going for.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines