• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Basics- Layers Splitting and Tracking/Masking Questions

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Please bear with me as I try to be clear with very little handle on this program ha

I have a 30 second clip I'm working with. I am using motion tracking to replace the faces of two actors across each of their scenes.

Not in a sophisticated way, just using a Tracker, setting the Tracking Motion Target to a Null Objects layer, then dropping the jpg in another layer above, adjusting it and Parent Linking it to the same Null Objects layer. I've included a screenshot. 

At every important frame, where either face I need to track appears or disappears, I've set markers at the in the main video's layer.

So far, the only way I've figured out how to do this is to keep splitting the main vid layer off into segmented new layers. Then repeating every single previous step, every single time, and cropping the new Null Objects/jpg layers on either side, in order to meet the length/time frame of the segmented clip.

Otherwise the jpg layer, either sits unmoving in its last tracked position (across future frames where I don't want it to appear) or it shows up before the scene starts.

My questions are these;

1.a) Is it possible to create multiple trackers on one layer? (for is a scene where both faces are visible. I would want to have 2 trackers on the one layer, eached Motion Tracker linked to a seperate Null Objects/jpg layer)

1.b) Is it possible to create multiple trackers on one layer? (so that one layer would have multiple points where Motion Trackers appeared and disappeared, each Tracker linked to the same [either or both] Null Objects/jpg layer)

2. Can I manually edit the timeframe of a motion tracker after I have made it, without cropping the vid layer that it's attached to; and if so, how? (This is probably worded poorly so in the 1st clip I show you wtf I mean) 

3. The second vid is a clearer explanation of this question. Can I somehow segment a non-video layer, or turn off and on a non-video layer's visibility, multiple times without splitting it? (so if I HAVE to split the vid layer off every single time I need a new motion tracker, could I at least somehow have multiple vid layers (and their accompanying motion trackers) targeted to the same Null Objects layer & parent linked jpg layer? 

After-Effects-Screen-Shot.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can add as many trackers as you like to your image when using the conventional 2D tracker. Camera tracker, Warp Stabilizer and Face Tracker work differently. Layers can easily be "turned on/off" by animating their opacity. Tracker duration can be influenced once the data has been applied and converted to keyframes by editing those. In any case, I would strongly urge you to actually read the online help. Your questions clearly indicate that you are basically fishing in the mud and have not worked through those basics, no offense. You can't understand something reasonably complex and advanced like tracking by just clicking around the AE interface. Start here:

After Effects User Guide

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines