• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Cache and Render Fail

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to render my After Effects composition. It is a rather large file with 60 layers. When I press the space bar to preview it, I get the "after Effects error- Cached preview needs 2 or more frames to playback". I have followed recommended solutions to this problem including Purge>Memory/Disk Cache. I have also adjusted my Memory settings under Preferences so that AE RAM is at 7GB. When I go to render the compostion, it only renders the first second of the composition. Even if I transfer it to Media Encoder, it still only renders the first second.

Is this a problem with After Effects or my Laptop (2018 MacBook Pro)?

If anybody has reccomendations I would appreciate it as AE is new to me. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We can't know. you have not provided any useful info about the actual project structure, footage, effects and features used and so on. This could be anything from crazy effects settings bombing out something in AE to damaged footage sources making a mess to issues with hardware accelerated functions. Impossible to know with so little information. Start by diagnosing what may be going on at the time when it fails to render. Does a layer with a specific effect kick in? Is there some complex animation? You need to analyze those things and then act accordingly by selectively disabling stuff and re-enabling it until things work again.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines