Highlighted

After Effects Cache Folder

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

After checking my MacBook Storage in "Others" i found that After Effects (Cache?) is taking a LOT of space. Already clean up the cache inside the AE and it helped reduce the impact on the storage but still takes up a lot. Recently found out that the Adobe Cache Folder inside ~/Library/caches takes about 93GB of storage being that almost all the space is derived from the folder /AfterEffects. Is this normal? Can i remove the After Effects folder from the cache folder? 

I attached an image for more detail.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Cache Folder

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

After checking my MacBook Storage in "Others" i found that After Effects (Cache?) is taking a LOT of space. Already clean up the cache inside the AE and it helped reduce the impact on the storage but still takes up a lot. Recently found out that the Adobe Cache Folder inside ~/Library/caches takes about 93GB of storage being that almost all the space is derived from the folder /AfterEffects. Is this normal? Can i remove the After Effects folder from the cache folder? 

I attached an image for more detail.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in the community.

When we clear cache from the After Effects preferences window, we get a dialog box asking if we want to clear the cache for all versions of After Effects. Do you remember clearing the cache for all versions?

If you had previous versions of After Effects on your MacBook and you never cleared the cache, you could end up with a huge amount of cache files. It also depends on how complex your projects are, so, I'd say that it is normal. You can clear the rest of the files manually by simply deleting them. Don't remove the After Effects folder, just delete the files from the folders inside the After Effects folder.

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0