Highlighted

After effects camera doesn't show live footage of what is doing when camera is used

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LET'S say that on the left side is the camera position shows, and on the right side, there should be live footage showing when I play it. It does play on mine but I don't get the live view of my camera zooming in and moving, though it does move when I export it. I have tried resetting the preferences and it doesn't work. ANY help would be appreciated!

Correct answer by Nay5C46 | Community Beginner

I fixed it. I selected the active camera and it worked.

Topics

Error or problem, FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effects camera doesn't show live footage of what is doing when camera is used

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LET'S say that on the left side is the camera position shows, and on the right side, there should be live footage showing when I play it. It does play on mine but I don't get the live view of my camera zooming in and moving, though it does move when I export it. I have tried resetting the preferences and it doesn't work. ANY help would be appreciated!

Correct answer by Nay5C46 | Community Beginner

Topics

Error or problem, FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug. Until it gets fixed in an update, only preview the actual camera view in a single viewer.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried using an older version, the problem still exists

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Active Camera view, select the bottom left icon in the comp panel that looks like 3 stacked layers with a right-facing triangle to set the Active Camera to Always Preview. The other views never have shown 2D layers, but with this option selected you should see the Active Camera view preview when you run previews. Dragging things around in other views should also update very quicky in the Active Camera view if you have set up your previews correctly. Minimum effects, comp panel resolution set to auto, no motion blur, maybe even Fast Previews (the little square with the lightning bolt at the bottom of the comp panel) is set to Fast Draft. That should be all you need to set up the staging and blocking of your 3D scene.

If that doesn't help we need a complete workflow description, screenshots showing the modified properties of the layers giving you problems revealed ('uu' + screenshot + embed in the forum using the toolbar), and some system info.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT doesn't help and can you tell me what are those - ('uu' + screenshot + embed in the forum using the toolbar).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines