• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error message I receive when attempting to start After Effects. AE had been working fine... I used it last week. Now this. Running Mac OS High Sierra, Version 10.13.3

Using Adobe After Effects CC 2018.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give more information the exact error message you're getting? feel free to copy and paste it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

When you click in application icon to run it, inmediately press Ctrl + Alt + Shft in Windows or Cmd + Alt + Shft in Mac. Both to delete your preferences. This maybe resolves your issue.

Tell us if so, if not,  upload a screenshot of your error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys. Deleting my preferences did not fix it. When I double click to start the application, the Mac "pinwheel" spins for 2 seconds, the After Effects purple triangle start screen appears and - immediately after it does - the error message "After Effects can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup"

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 7.56.18 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message doesn’t say much more either. In this case we don’t have another choice that unninstall it and delete preferences, restart your computer and then install it again. Some system file is corrupt surely in the application and making this you gonna have a new and clear AE.

Before unninstall it try updating from Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vdrodkl,

Please contact us and we'll assist you in fixing this issue. Info: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help Help Help - I'm experiencing the exact same issue / error message when trying to launch After Effects CC 2018 with my MacBook Pro Late 2016 MacOS 10.13.3, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 450 2 GB Intel HD graphics 530 1536 MB graphics card. I need to render a video that's (of course) already past due . . . I simply want to launch After Effects which was friggin' working perfectly 2 days ago . . .

Help Help Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 11.43.27 PM.png

I Literally spent 6 hours on the telephone with Adobe tech support & watched while they explained and screen shared (controlling) my computer. After four (4) conversations, uninstalling, reinstalling, removing permissions, manually deleting preferences folders, yada, yada - No Fix. I was asked to make sure my computer updates were current.

AE is totally unusable for me on this computer . . .

I'm using it on another computer (my work machine) . . .

Help Adobe - You're My only Hope!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give the file "administrator privilages" and everything gonna be ok 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunally got the same problem to day when updating OSX to catalina 10.15 and nothing works still getting the same error 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem for a few weeks. I've never managed to install after effect to try it. It's a shame to pay a subscription for that. I'm on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4. I have the following error message: "Unable to load the CEP suite (Common Extensibility Platform)". Please help !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happend to me too i reinstalled my whole mac system it didnt fix the problem so this is mainly Adobe's problem. I reinstalled my after effects i bootcamped windows on my mac did work. but not the good feeling, then i tryed to call Adobe tech support And they couldnt fix it so its mainly adobe's fault!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines