Highlighted

After Effects - cannot select individual mask under layer

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have multiple masks on a single layer. I need to select individual masks but cannot figure out how.

Every time I click on the composition, it selects the layer, not the mask layer I'm trying to select.

I've tried alt click, alt drag marquee over multiple masks - no matter how I select or drag select or alt drag click left mouse or right mouse buttons it won't highlight an individual mask under the layer.

I've just figured out that I need to click on a line of a mask to select it. I was clicking in the middle of the mask. 

So problem solved - but now cannot figure out how to delete this post. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects - cannot select individual mask under layer

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have multiple masks on a single layer. I need to select individual masks but cannot figure out how.

Every time I click on the composition, it selects the layer, not the mask layer I'm trying to select.

I've tried alt click, alt drag marquee over multiple masks - no matter how I select or drag select or alt drag click left mouse or right mouse buttons it won't highlight an individual mask under the layer.

I've just figured out that I need to click on a line of a mask to select it. I was clicking in the middle of the mask. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0