Highlighted

After Effects CC 17.5 is not responding after several actions performed

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying the new Version of AE, but I ran into a Problem. If I create a layer/camera/etc. or try to go to the options/settings, no matter what I do, as soon as I perform any of those actions AE freezes. I't doesn't gives the message about not responding, it just freezes, and I cannot do anything. Like 2 days ago it worked fine, so I am curious why it's not working now?

My System Specs:

W10 latest Update

XEON X5690CPU at stock settings
GTX 1070 8GB Latest nvidia driver

20GB Ram

Antivirus being shut down

My Installation of the CC App is clean, also AE. I also tried to wipe my settings, it doesn't helped at all.

For curiosity, if I open an existing Project, I can animate, move and minipulate/rename my textlayers and stuff, but as soon as I create something new, or try the things above, it freezes, and I have to force close it. Is there anything I can do? Cause I have not changed anything, since I am using it.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects CC 17.5 is not responding after several actions performed

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying the new Version of AE, but I ran into a Problem. If I create a layer/camera/etc. or try to go to the options/settings, no matter what I do, as soon as I perform any of those actions AE freezes. I't doesn't gives the message about not responding, it just freezes, and I cannot do anything. Like 2 days ago it worked fine, so I am curious why it's not working now?

My System Specs:

W10 latest Update

XEON X5690CPU at stock settings
GTX 1070 8GB Latest nvidia driver

20GB Ram

Antivirus being shut down

My Installation of the CC App is clean, also AE. I also tried to wipe my settings, it doesn't helped at all.

For curiosity, if I open an existing Project, I can animate, move and minipulate/rename my textlayers and stuff, but as soon as I create something new, or try the things above, it freezes, and I have to force close it. Is there anything I can do? Cause I have not changed anything, since I am using it.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly it works again. I am not understanding this... However, if anyone has any idea what this could cause, I would be glad to hear.

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0