Highlighted

After Effects CC 2018 and Media Encoder CC 2018 Error "Not currently encoding"

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying to render my project the old fashioned way through After Effects' rendering with no luck, I decided to try out Media Encoder. I didn't have any luck with that either. The render goes completely fine until it reaches this certain point in my project before the preview freezes and it quits rendering. It pops up with the saying "Not currently encoding". I've removed any media + effects (besides audio because I didn't think that'd harm anything) in that section then tried rendering it again, but to no avail. I couldn't find any helpful things on the internet so I came here in hopes to recieve a solution. I'll do whatever you need me to do: give screenshots, screen recordings, computer info, etc.!!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects CC 2018 and Media Encoder CC 2018 Error "Not currently encoding"

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying to render my project the old fashioned way through After Effects' rendering with no luck, I decided to try out Media Encoder. I didn't have any luck with that either. The render goes completely fine until it reaches this certain point in my project before the preview freezes and it quits rendering. It pops up with the saying "Not currently encoding". I've removed any media + effects (besides audio because I didn't think that'd harm anything) in that section then tried rendering it again, but to no avail. I couldn't find any helpful things on the internet so I came here in hopes to recieve a solution. I'll do whatever you need me to do: give screenshots, screen recordings, computer info, etc.!!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi catoffeln,

Sorry for your issue. I understand that you're not able to export your project from After Effects or Media Encoder.

Does it show any other error message than the one you mentioned? It sounds like an issue with the media or effects if it stops encoding at the same point every time. I'd recommend you removing everything (including audio) at that point and test export. It'll help us to be sure if it's media or the application that is causing the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding! It only shows the error message mentioned. Even after removing everything where it freezes (including the audio) it still fails at the same point. I was able to find this, maybe it'll help: 

- Encoding Time: 00:03:53
07/14/2020 09:46:34 PM : Encoding Failed
------------------------------------------------------------
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\C:\Users\abiga\OneDrive\Pictures\edits\van_AME\genius_2.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:00:06:18 - 00:00:06:26
Rendering at offset: 6.600 seconds
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: -1609629695

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0