• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC 2018 with OS Sierra 10.13.1 (file permissions Error)

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything for the past few days to get this to work--even updated my computer OS hoping it would help. If you know what I can do I resolve this please help.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 11.53.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-23 at 11.53.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-23 at 12.06.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-23 at 12.44.08 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

I solved the issue
to find the file listed in the error:

Finder > Go to Folder > ~/Library > the (hidden by default) prefeerneces folder now appears > Adobe > After Effects > 15.0 > get info > make sharing & permissions Read & Write > open after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the issue
to find the file listed in the error:

Finder > Go to Folder > ~/Library > the (hidden by default) prefeerneces folder now appears > Adobe > After Effects > 15.0 > get info > make sharing & permissions Read & Write > open after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there. 

I think I have a similar situation too. Everytime I try to open up After Effects I get this. 

Is there a way to fix this or to bypass this. All the FX I have done are in this project. Hate to start from scratch again. 

If anyone knows a solution for this would be greatly appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 12.30.40 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines