Highlighted

After effects cc 2019 Mocha AE CC plugin work correct?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately in the new version, I didn't understand how to export tracked data x splines. I did not find the export dialog box.

a75f71d977.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davidarbor | Adobe Community Professional

You don't have to go through that workflow anymore. Just close the Mocha window and your tracking data is accessible from the plug-in. You can access all of your layers and copy and paste the plug-in. It's a much more flexible and elegant solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effects cc 2019 Mocha AE CC plugin work correct?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately in the new version, I didn't understand how to export tracked data x splines. I did not find the export dialog box.

a75f71d977.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davidarbor | Adobe Community Professional

You don't have to go through that workflow anymore. Just close the Mocha window and your tracking data is accessible from the plug-in. You can access all of your layers and copy and paste the plug-in. It's a much more flexible and elegant solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2018 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this tutorial to get a quick look about the moha plugin also the other new feature in AE

New Features in Adobe After Effects CC 2019 - YouTube

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will watch

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2018 0
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me this is not working, a made a tracking, saved, closed Mocha, then Mocha Plugin is not creating any Keyframes anywhere, where is my trackingdata gone? Back in Mocha AE CC the tracking is there. What am i doing wrong? Please help...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 0
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to generate tracking data from the bottom of the plug-in interface to create keyframes. If you don't do that the data lives within the plug-in and can be used as mattes, which is very helpful. Here's a short video that explains how the new plug-in works: New: Mocha AE CC in Adobe After Effects 2019 - YouTube

[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, its not working, the trackmatte is visible and moving so there is trackingdata, but when i press "Create Track Data" Nothing happens, no number is changing, nothing. Weird.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 0
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of After Effects are you running? The Mocha team implemented a handful of fixes for the plug-in in some releases after the initial release. The latest version is 16.1.2.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Version 16.1.2.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 0
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the dialog that pops up after clicking "Create Track Data", are you checking the little gear icons next to your layer name(s)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah it was that little Gear, i thought i have to select only the Layer. Oh oh oh... Thans a lot. My fault.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow I just stumbled on the fact you have to click layer, and click the (empty space) to add an icon. Wow what a dumb extra step!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get Apply Export button to get my tracking data to a Null-- the most basic thing I do with tracks. Where is the manual on this new Mocha AE??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out--you have to click CREATE TRACK DATA and then the gear icon next to your track. Highly unintuitive. Not happy.

Here is the tutorial cued up to the tip:

New Features in Adobe After Effects CC 2019 - YouTube

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 2
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see the manual from the Help menu inside the plug-in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, MMazor. Clicking the gear was the one piece that was missing and causing me to want to jump off a building. You saved my day!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, same here. Not knowing to click the cog icon was a real issue there.

The fact that I could select and highlight the layer and it had no effect at all seems to go against that whole "ease of use" design thing.

Watched the "Mocha AE 2019 Export Workflow for Adobe After Effects" tutorial a number of times and they click on the Layer name, NOT the cog icon. The Cog icon is already highlighted.

Might be worth updating that tutorial.

Everything else works fine. Desire to swear a lot is fading now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These 2 new videos cover the updated Mocha AE in 2019 release.

Quick Tip: Mocha AE Tracking/Masking to After Effects 2019

https://borisfx.com/videos/quick-tip-mocha-ae-2019-export-workflow-for-adobe-after-effects/

The new "create tracking data" and "create AE masks" replaces copy/paste to clipboard to get your data back to AE. Reduces offset/mismatch tracking issues.

Mocha AE in Adobe After Effects 2019 (New Feature Overview)

https://borisfx.com/videos/mocha-ae-cc-in-adobe-after-effects-2019/

• Mocha AE is now a plug-in (supports all video formats)
  • GPU accelerated planar motion tracking
  • High DPI/Retina monitor support
  • Improved data exchange with AE timeline

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
Contributor ,
Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update is the worst update to any software I can ever remember. Even worse than when AE rewrote their underlying architecture a few years ago.

Firstly, the new UI is laughable. It looks like it was designed by Fisherprice for children.

I changed the workspace to fullscreen and now none of the menus work. I can't get back to preferences so I am eternally stuck like this.

There was nothing wrong with how the old system of getting data back to AE worked. The new method of extracting from the plugin just seems really slow, cumbersome and counter-intuitive. There was nothing wrong with exporting and pasting in data as previous. Now you have to close the software and then think about which dropdowns and layers you need. It's two interfaces to do one job. It's a backwards step.

I've just inherited a project from another user, I need to tweak some splines but whenever I try and move a point the default action is to move the feather point. I have used Mocha since it was Monet and cannot for the life of me fathom how to do something as simple as move a point. What an absolute joke.

This whole thing is a mess and is change for the sake of change. It's badly thought out and badly implemented. I will be sticking with my old versions of standalone and the Mocha Pro plugin for the foreseeable future.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that Mocha AE was updated in most recent AE update (Nov 2019) and Boris FX has a useful new training video here: https://youtu.be/EOpMZp9pZGs

Mocha AE was recently updated in Adobe Creative Cloud's Nov 2019 release. Enjoy this intro tutorial to Boris FX Mocha AE - the Emmy award-winning planar trac...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mocha AE with AE 2020 ver 17.0.2.  I am trying to use Mocha to track data.  I have used the plugin and created the tracking data. I have used the Cog and selected the tracking data and see the Tracking Data under my Layer. However I am unable to get the data into a Image, null or solid layer. I have tried to use the Export Option to Transform or Corner Pin to my selected layer but no data ever gets to the layer. There are no tracking pointing, just a single set of values for the transform parameters. What am I doing wrong?AE layers 74 has tracking data, layer 73 does not.AE layers 74 has tracking data, layer 73 does not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 29, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to do the secondary part of applying the track. Step one is pick what track to use. The second step is to apply the tracking data to the section you need to apply it to.

How to use our Mocha tracking data:

1. Let's review the workflow to use our Mocha tracking data:We select the Chosen Layers to pick which Mocha layer we want to convert to AE. To choose a layer to create tracking data from, click the 'Create Track Data' button in the Tracking Data section of the plugin.Then choose either the name or the cog of the layer you want to read tracking data from in the dialog that appears. You can only choose one layer at a time. You can then see the output of its surface back in the After Effects interface. Each point in the Tracking Data section is a point from the layer surface that automatically updates when you modify it inside Mocha.
  2. Create Tracking data. Once you click 'OK', the plugin will generate keyframes to populate the tracking parameters in the plugin. You can then use this data to copy to other layers, or link via expressions, without needing to export from the Mocha GUI. You can use any of these keyframes once they're created, so you can copy/paste the data or you can use expressions to apply them to other layers in your composition.
  3. Apply tracking data to a layer or a Null, use the dropdown menu to select an export option at the bottom of the Tracking Data section:- You can either use a Corner Pin to apply onto a any layer, (which is a standard corner pin effect), a Corner Pin that Supports Motion Blur (A corner pin distortion with separate scale, rotation and position.), or a Transform: (Scale, position and rotation like you would use to paste on a null).  Clicking 'Apply Export' then applies the tracking data to the specified layer. Anytime you are using a corner pin, your target layer must be the same size and the same frame rate and aspect ratio, as the comp and layer you are tracking in Mocha AE or your data will be distorted based on the difference.

So in short: Click create track data, select your desired layer, click OK, use the dropdown menu to select and export and the target layer, and click apply export. Really easy. And applying shapes is just as easy.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and I will be happy to help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kimdco

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2020 0