Highlighted

After Effects CC 2019 project file opens empty project

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put a lot of work into that project but now when I open it, it just seemingly opens an empty project, everything is gone: all files and there arent even placeholders or something. Also, I tried to open the autosave files, but the two newest ones are also corrupted and open an empty project. only the third latest autosave works but I would lose incredibly much progress if I would just give up and use that one. I can't think of anything that could've caused this because it wasn't after an update or something, it just started doing this one day (that is about two days ago) Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects CC 2019 project file opens empty project

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put a lot of work into that project but now when I open it, it just seemingly opens an empty project, everything is gone: all files and there arent even placeholders or something. Also, I tried to open the autosave files, but the two newest ones are also corrupted and open an empty project. only the third latest autosave works but I would lose incredibly much progress if I would just give up and use that one. I can't think of anything that could've caused this because it wasn't after an update or something, it just started doing this one day (that is about two days ago) Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advisor ,
Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help with what? If the save is damaged and you are lucky to have an auto-save, be happy. Next time probably set the auto-save interval to 5 minutes or perhaps 10, so you only lose the last couple of minutes.

Apart from that, it can unfortunately happen. AE is bigger and better than ever, but also buggier. I also had that my project was killed by saving an empty project when I wanted to replace some comp I dragged into Premiere. And there was no auto-save at that time, though activated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the point. The saves were absolutely fine before. This actually happened to me once before so I usually check most of my Autosaves once a while. They were fine. Evening I shut down my pc. Next day every newest and second newest autosave file from every project + the original project file opened as an empty project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to solve the problem? I have the same issue with AE 2020

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, lost hours worth of work last night after I saved and then this morning the file is empty.  

HELP!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines